Sunday 1 September 2013

8th Sunday Check-In - #ROW80


The 750words challenge for August is finished and, despite it feeling like pulling teeth the past few days, I completed every single day. My total words for the month (not including blogging, reviews, or story planning/plotting) was 24,845 and I'm pretty happy with that.

I have read another book from my review list and am part way through two different craft books, both of which I am finding immensely helpful so far.

Yesterday was the cut-off time I gave myself for either digging my current wip out of the black hole that is consuming it or decide to let it go and move on. Unfortunately I haven't been able to rescue it yet, but the craft books I mentioned are giving me a ton of ideas that I want to try in the hope they will help me wrestle it into the light, so I am extending my deadline for another month. That should give me plenty of time to finish reading both books and impliment some of the suggestions.

How about you? How did you get on this week? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you. And remember, if you want to visit others in the #ROW80 blog hop you can use the links below.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for those 750 words all during August. I didn't even think to use the site all month... So I'm extra impressed by your perseverance, Alana.

    That WIP in the drawer... Good to hear you're getting some ideas on how to resurrect it. Sometimes the best thing for an old story is to let it for for a while. Of course, sometimes the worst thing you can do is that as well.

    Best of luck to you with the resurrection. :-D

    ReplyDelete