Monday 8 July 2013

A Thousand Story Ideas: Challenge Accepted

"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any." Orson Scott Card

Image via deviantart.net
I mentioned in yesterday's post that I am aiming to write 20 pieces of flash fiction this month as part of Camp NaNo and ROW80. That being the case, I need to start opening my eyes and my mind a lot more and picking up the ideas that are already around me.

Reading the above quote gave me a Barney Stinson moment. (If you have no idea what I'm on about, see image then go watch How I Met Your Mother, you can thank me later.)

So this week I am going to try my hardest to notice as many story ideas as I possibly can and capture them in a notebook or on my phone. I'll update you all on Sunday with how I got on.

Anyone want to join in? Go on, you know you want to. You can update your progress in the comments on this post or wait till Sunday's post, I'd love to hear how you get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment