Sunday 7 July 2013

A Round of Words in 80 Days - late to the party

I have just discovered an excellent writing challenge that may be just what I need. If you haven't heard of it before, A Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) takes place four times a year. You set yourself measurable goals for the next 80 days and check-in at least once a week to let everyone know how you are getting on (I will be checking in on Sundays). The current round started on 1st July so I am a little late to the party but the website does say that you can jump in at any time.


So, here are my goals for this round:

  • Take part in Camp NaNo during July. I am being a rebel camper though and instead of working on a novel I want to write at least 20 pieces of flash fiction.
  • I will spend Aug editing the pieces I have written and either submitting them to magazines or putting together my own collection.
  • Read and review 11 books.
  • On top of this, by the end of the 80 days I will have either worked through the kinks in my WIP and be progressing with that, or I will finally lay it rest and start work on another novel.

Are any of you taking part in ROW80? Have you taken part before? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you.

As this is a blog hop, if you are taking part, or want to check out the blogs of other's who are, you can use the links below.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to ROW80! It's a great writing challenge, with incredibly supportive folks. Your goals look wonderful. Best wishes for a marvelous round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, hopefully it will provide the accountability, as well as support, that I need.

      Delete
  2. I've never done ROW80, but it sounds like fun! You have a nice list of goals--I look forward to hearing your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara, I'll update every Sunday.

      Delete
  3. ROW80 is the best around - been part of it since the beginning and have flourished - everyone is so kind, helpful and fun - welcome aboard:)

    goals sound very do-able - all the best:)

    alberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alberta, everyone has been great so far :)

      Delete