Monday 15 April 2013

M is for Motivational Quotes

Image courtesy of tungphoto / freedigitalphotos.net
We all need a little motivating every now and then, so to help you through the middle part of the month,
here are ten of my favourite motivational quotes to get you writing.

"Take out another notebook, pick up another pen, and just write, just write, just write. In the middle of the world, make one positive step. In the centre of chaos, make one definitive act. Just write, just write, just write." Natalie Goldburg

"Don't just plan to write - write. It is only by writing, not dreaming about it, that we develop our own style." P.D. James

"Resistance knows that the longer we noodle around 'getting ready' the more time and opportunity we'll have to sabotage ourselves. Resistance loves it when we hesitate, when we over-prepare.The answer: plunge in." Steven Pressfield

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." William Wordsworth

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Roald Dahl

"Those who wish to sing always find a song." Swedish Proverb

"The secret of it all is to write in the gush, the throb, the flood of the moment - to put things down without deliberation - without worrying about their style - without waiting for a fit time or place. I always worked that way. I took the first scrap of paper, the first doorstep, the first desk, and write - wrote, wrote ... By writing at the instant the very heartbeat of life is caught." Walt Whitman

"The only thing that stands between you and your dreams is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible." Joel Brown

Do you have any favourite quotes to get you motivated? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm going to be away on holiday until 17th April, but I have scheduled all the posts for while I'm away. I will try and log in once a day to check everything is running smoothly and reply to as many comments as I can. If you leave a comment I will visit your blog when I return and reciprocate. Happy A to Z'ing.

1 comment:

  1. The thing about inspirational quotes for me is that the inspiration I draw from them (if any) is usually very short-lived. Too short to actually help me do anything. I think I just need to practice the whole 'Just do it' thing.

    ReplyDelete