Wednesday 20 March 2013

The A to Z Challenge is Almost Here - Are You Ready?

April is nearly upon us and with it the Blogging From A to Z Challenge. If you don't know what that is you can read more about it here.

I signed up to take part back in February and had a long list of post ideas written down within the hour. I was feeling pretty confident and was certain that I would be able to have all the posts written well in advance of April and already scheduled. How wrong I was!

Up until Monday I had done no further work towards my posts for the challenge. I now have a few notes jotted down for posts A to O but there is still so much work to get done. Add that to the fact that the Easter holidays are approaching and I will now be going on a family holiday for the second week during April, and I am beginning to get a little worried.

That being said I have always been the type to leave everything till the last minute and then find that the work I have been struggling over or putting off for a month gets done in a couple of hours. I always tell myself that this time it will be different and I will put the work in early, but the truth is I think I work better when I am under pressure. I seem to need the looming deadline to push me harder. But diamonds are formed under immense pressure or something right? (If I'm wrong on that one, please leave me to my ignorance.)

How about you? Are you taking part in the challenge this year? If so, have you made a start on your posts? Do you work better under pressure? Let me know in the comments below or you can contact me directly here. I'd love to hear from you.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, just stopping by to wish you luck with the challenge. For once in my life I have planned all my posts and have written them all, apart from two, so I'm extremely prepared. I just wish I could be that organised with other aspects of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebeccah, I think I am going to need all the luck I can get! I do now know what each post will be about and have some notes jotted down, but I still haven't written any in full. I wish I was prepared as you. Good luck, I'll be sure to stop by your blog and check it out :)

      Delete
  2. This is my first A-Z as well. I am not a writer per say but I love to write. I love your blog and the help it will offer me. I'm glad I found you an look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhondi, I'm glad I'm not the only newbie. I can't believe we are one day away, where did the last month go? Good luck tomorrow, I'm on my way to your blog right now :)

      Delete