Monday 4 March 2013

Does Your Writing Suck?

"The thing that'll make you great is if you allow yourself to suck long enough for you to become awesome." Ollin Morales (Courage 2 Create)
Image courtesy of Jay_W / flickr.com

Sometimes this writing business can be soul destroying. There will be days, weeks, months even, when you feel your writing is the absolute worst piece of dross ever created. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but one thing's for certain, if you carry on you will get better.

Some days I despair at the quality of my writing and wonder if I really am cut out to be a writer. I think about giving up, but then I remember how much I love it and I know that I'll never quit, no matter how hard it gets. After all, things can only get better right?

If you want to be a good great awesome writer, you have to keep plugging away and improving your craft. No-one is good at anything at the start, it takes practice, hard work and determination.

So the next time you are feeling discouraged, remember that everyone sucks at the beginning. Look back at your earliest writings, see how far you have come already and then keep on writing. Your true awesomeness awaits.

Do you ever get discouraged? What keeps you going? I'd love to hear from you, either in the comments section below or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment